The entire PSA Board welcomed new school parents to a lovely reception on the evening of September 24th. Held in the Parish Rectory, the setting was casual and fun with a Mexican theme and fare.
Super Hero’s Unite!! Our 7th and 8th graders attended the first Jr. High dance of the school year which was a Super Hero theme and featured a DJ, strobe lights and a fog machine! Students wore t-shirts with their favorite Super Hero logo and some even wore capes!
Many thanks to the students and families that donated needed food for the Second Harvest Food Bank food drive. The generosity was overwhelming as not one, not two, but SEVEN barrels were filled with food along with boxes and boxes! A big shout out to our Catholic Programs Co-Chairs, Amy Ivey and Keri O’Melveny for coordinating this wonderful act of giving.
On October 15th, our school participated in the Great California ShakeOut for earthquake preparedness. Everyone practiced how to drop, cover, and hold on. Our teachers discussed the importance of earthquake preparedness with our students. This was our chance to practice what to do during an earthquake to reduce injury. To date, more than 10.5 million people have participated in this annual opportunity to practice how to be safer during an earthquake.
OLQA School Auction 2016
January 30, 2016 ~ Island Hotel, Newport Beach
- Don’t miss our OLQA’s annual auction fundraiser! This event helps to support the many programs that impact our children’s education in academics, technology, the arts, spiritual development and sports.
- Underwriting packets were sent out so please consider this giving opportunity as a great way to support our auction efforts.
- Corporate matching is widely available. Be sure to check with your employer when making your financial contribution to the auction this year. The benefit to our school will be even greater as they match the dollars you’re already contributing.
- Many thanks to our terrific Auction Co-Chairs, Dana Strader and Leslie Boyd!
- Go to www.olqaschool.org for more information on this exciting event!
OLQA School’s Back-to-School Night was held on Thursday, September 10th. Parents were welcomed by Home Room Teachers who gave presentations in their own classrooms. The new school website, technology tools, curriculum and resources were discussed by each teacher. Thank you to the administrators and teachers who made this evening a success.
Heartfelt thanks to our students for bringing the Blessed Mother flowers on her birthday, September 8th! Thank you to Keri O’Melveny and Amy Ivey, our PSA Chairpersons of Catholic Programs for organizing this beautiful and meaningful way to honor Mary. Blessed Mother Mary is a source of strength and comfort for all of us and we celebrate her love for us.
Mother Mary has a special place in the lives of our students at OLQA School. We celebrate her birthday in September, pray the Rosary to her in October, retell the birth of Jesus in December, and celebrate Mary with our May Crowning in May. Our hope is our students have a close relationship with Mary. Mary is someone they can talk to about their hopes, dreams, worries, and wishes. She is always there for them.
A quick Hail Mary helps everyone for any occasion!
On Friday, September 4th, our wonderful teachers and staff were hosted to a Harvest Luncheon welcoming them back to the new school year! Hosted by Hospitality Co-Chairs Lisa Marie Costa and Valerie Clark, the luncheon featured a bountiful farm-fresh fare for all to enjoy! We love our teachers and staff at OLQA!